+
News re-Blog

Friday, August 19, 2005

EXCLUSIVE: Westlife is in Bahrain & Mark Admits he's Gay

It's now 5.30am and Westlife are watching the sun come up from the terrace of Westlife's £1,000-a-night Ritz Carlton beach villa in Bahrain. It's the penultimate night of the band's 56-date world tour and, having spent five hours necking champagne and ice.

Westlife star Mark Feehily opened his heart yesterday to reveal that he is gay. The 25-year-old pin-up said: "I want people to know the truth. I am gay and I'm very proud of who I am.

"I'm not asking for sympathy, or to be a role model for someone else.

"I simply felt it was the right time to tell the truth."

Mark, who is in a relationship with singer Kevin McDaid, 21, said: "In the past I haven't felt the need to say anything about my sexuality. "But I want people to know I'm very comfortable with who I am."



(Mark, second from left)


Mark and Kevin, who was in boy band V, met a few months ago.

Mark said: I'm not worried about how people react because I'm happy being who I am. "I'm still the same person the day I was before. I'm sure Westlife fans will be pleased I'm happy. I don't think it changes anything. All the lads in Westlife have settled down and are in relationships, so why can't I be?"

Loyal bandmates Kian Egan, 25, Shane Filan, 26, and Nicky Byrne, 26, all knew Mark was gay but have never spoken about it in public.

Shane is a bit worse for wear. In a few weeks, his wife Gillian will give birth and the 26-year-old is finding it hard to concentrate on anything but the impending arrival. The couple are expecting a girl and they've already named her Nicole. Nursing a grainy mobile phone picture of the scan, Shane coos: "Isn't she just beautiful? I just can't wait to be a daddy. Read More ....



Source: Mirror.co.uk | reBlogged By: News Blog re-Blog
Filed Under:Westlife, Bahrain, Gay, World Tour | Permalink



Posted by News Blog re-Blog Team |


« Home | Standard & Poor' Rates Bahrain Nat'l. 'BBB+' » //-->





Add a comment:

Name
Website   Html allowed : <a>, <b>, <i>

 


 © News Blog re-Blog 2005 - Published under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License | Disclaimer | About | Privacy Policy